The AscTec SDK is a toolkit to get your own programming algorithms on the onboard microprocessor of your AscTec UAV. You can write your C-code in the given structure of the SDK and flash it on the HLP via a JTAG or serial connection. The basic concept of the AscTec AutoPilot is to have two processors: The low level processor (LLP) and the high level processor (HLP). While the LLP handles all hardware communication, a proven flight controller and the data fusion, the HLP is free for custom code. And as a safety backup you can always switch back to the LLP in case of an emergency situation.
- Four different control modes
- Individual motor commands (each motor from 0-100%)
- Direct motor commands (pitch/roll/yaw rates and thrust)
- Attitude commands (Manual-, Height- or GPS-Mode)
- Waypoint commands (position, height, heading, etc.)
- Reading over 40 different values - i.e angles, velocities, GPS informations...
- Easy Access - All read- and writable variables are defined in separated structs, where all important variables are documented
- Quick start - The installation takes only a few seconds
- Native C Code - You can write your code in native C code, no more knowledge is required.
- Easy Communication - Since version 3.0, the communication between the serial device and your computer is easier than ever before!