Q: Brushless Controller Update does not work:
A: Follow the instructions in the pop-up.
Q: LPC checksum error during high level (HLP) update
A1: Use a tool to update your HLP manually.
You will need the following items and software tools to perform a firmware upgrade on the HL-processor:
- LPC2146 flash tool, as for instance ”FlashMagic“ (free software)
- AscTec USB-adapter with four wires and a grey 6-pin connector
- Bootloader Jumper or pincers
- New firmware file, either provided by Ascending Technologies or generated by the SDK (*.hex)
Connect the USB-adapter to your computer (install the FTDI virtual comport driver if this wasn’t done before), then connect the USB-adapter to the ”HL-serial 0“ connector of the AutoPilot.
- Turn on the vehicle while holding the HL-bootloader jumper pads connected using pincers (or a jumper if installed). The two LEDs signalizing the GPS state (next to the jumper pads) will stay off and the battery warning buzzer will make a loud noise. If not, there was no connection between the pads during start-up. Please make sure your pincers are conductive and try again. You may put some tape on the front of the buzzer to cancel the noise - it won’t vanish before the update is done and the vehicle is reset.
- Start ”Flash Magic“, select the COM-port assigned to the USB-adapter and set the other parameters to Baudrate 115200, Device LPC2146, Interface None(ISP), Oscillator 14.7456 MHz.
- Check”EraseallFlashandCodeRdProt“,select the new firmware file (*.hex), uncheck all options under Step 4 and click on start programming.
- When programming is finished turn off the vehicle, disconnect the USB-adapter from the AutoPilot and turn the vehicle back on. Now, the GPS status LEDs should be flashing again, signalizing that the new code is running.
A2: Use the AscTec SDK and flash your HLP via the JTAG adapter with the standard AscTec SDK 2.0 code.
Q: I cannot connect to my UAV! Did I broke it?
A: Most probably not. Use the old AutoPilotUpdater first.
The AscTec Research Upgrade Tool requires a working firmware on the LLP to run. In case you aborted a flash process or just cannot connect to the LLP try the following:
- Download the old AutoPilotUpdater
- Download the attached ATP File (that’s the old firmware file)
- Start the LLP in Bootloader Mode:
- Start the AutoPilotUpdater (don’t mind it mentioning Falcon and Groundstation everywhere, it works for all our UAVs).
- Select the COM Port with your USB Adapter connected to the LLP
- Select AscTec AutoPilot LowLevel and Connect
- Select the ATP upgrade file
- Start programming
- After the programming is done restart your flight system to see if it is back working
- Now try again to upgrade with the Research Upgrade Tool